Université Lille 1

Welcome to Lille 1
Exchange programmes
     › Student charter
     › Academic calendar
     › ECTS
     › Programmes
     › Learn French
     › Doctoral programmes
     › Enrolment
     › Accommodation
Information guide


Search :


Student charter

I would like to do part of my programme abroad.

Thanks to the exchange programme offered at my university and the European ECTS system, my study programme abroad will be counted as an integral part of my studies and will be fully recognised when I go back home.

What do I have to do?

1. Research the different choices available (partner universities, duration, etc.) from the International Relations Service in my university and meet the person in charge of exchange programmes.

2. Read as much information as possible about the place where I would like to study from the brochures available, the website and any other documents I can find. (*)

(*) The prospectus for the foreign university I am interested in will give details of the courses (duration, level, contents, language of instruction, etc.). I can choose my course after thinking carefully about all the information and in accordance with the following rule:

3. I respect the application deadlines required by my university, working in liaison with the professor responsible for International Relations at my institution.

Application and study contract

60 ECTS credits measure the workload of a full-time student during one academic year.
> If I study abroad for 1 trimester, I choose a study course worth 20 credits.
> If I study abroad for 1 semester, I choose a study course worth 30 credits.
> If I study abroad for 1 year, I choose a study course worth 60 credits.

ECTS credits are awarded for each course and represent the workload of each course in relation to the global workload necessary to complete one academic year.

My course supervisor validates my choice on the study contract that I complete and sign. I also hand in my completed application form.
These 2 documents, together with my grades, are sent to the host university which validates and confirms acceptance of my application and my choice of courses.

I can then prepare the practical aspects of my stay in accordance with the instructions set out in the prospectus of my future host university.

What must I do during my stay?

I must respect the internal rules of the host institution.

I also have 3 weeks after the start of the course to change my study contract should I find there are any problems regarding my original choice. I must inform the professor in charge at my home institution about any modifications to the original contract and get his or her formal agreement.

Lastly, I must inform the International relations service and my professor should I decide to stop my programme for whatever reason.

What happens when I come back?

My host institution sends my home institution the transcript of records and credits and the ECTS grades pertaining to each course, subject to formal evaluation.

The grades obtained abroad represent the quality of my work.

The person responsible for my study period abroad will then convert my results using the ECTS grading scale.

My grades will be added to my student transcript and my study period abroad will receive full academic recognition. I will then be able to continue my course in the normal way as validation for my study period abroad will be fully taken into account. Not only will the course be counted as an integral part of the programme, but I will also have gained an invaluable and highly rewarding multicultural experience at the same time.
Student ranking
A (best grade)
10 %
25 %
30 %
25 %
E (bare pass)
10 %
FX   Fail, some more work required to pass
F     Fail, considerable further work required



 © Philippe ROLLET - Legal informations - Credits - Site map
Website by : Agence Cominout